music


public persona

birdsong radio


Powered by Birdsong Radio

Monday, 6 October 2008

new camera


Hiya folks.
I really will get around to looking at my summer pictures and choosing some to post to show you my busy season - we did have a good time with family.

In the meantime, I have bought a new camera - mainly pushed by the fact that my daughter is studying Photography as one of her options and has to have a reasonable sized camera. My little snapper wasn't enough, so I have bought something recommended by Which magazine for the two of us to share. I guess if she decides to carry on with this she will need her own, but for the time being we can only just afford one... LOL
So I am learning how to use it. I was in a hurry with these, because this is another first for me, the first time an orchid has come back into bloom for me. Normally they sit and look like ugly discoloured and flower-free things. So I am trying to get some pictures while the flowers open. I think the pictures are improving, and am a bit sad that the photos of the bud are not so good.

9 comments:

John M. Mora said...

Me likes, good job. This is the first photo of the rest of your life.

Irene said...

Well, if a new camera is all it took to get you blogging again...

Great pictures, Frances, lovely flower, very well done, even when still a bud.

Bev said...

Very special to get an orchid to come into bloom.

Lovely pictures. And you got a new camera at just the right time!

mgab. said...

I like the mistery of your number 4, Frances. on ne sait pas encore si c'est une fleur, un petit animal, une belle dame un peu froissée...

MBI said...

¡¡¡¡!!!!! Enhorabuena...
Buenas fotos...
Y buen gusto

John M. Mora said...

Hey post a pic of a slug or a snail or a turnip....miss ya.

Are you voting for obama?

No representation without taxation.

America does need a change....

Debi said...

Hey girl! Thinking of you. Lots of x's and o's, Debi

Martin Stickland said...

Playing your navana choice right now you groovy chick!

Have a good week and nice pics!

Tammie Lee said...

gorgeous flower, looks like you are having fun. Looking forward to seeing more of your new camera adventures.