I promised ages ago to upload pics of my visit to the sculpture garden near here. I went with my mother. We wandered around the exhibition and then had a lovely lunch at their restaurant. My Mum had Lundy Crab which is a local delicacy as it comes from very nearby.
It was a pleasant day and the sculpture was very interesting, including a competition which we found impossible to vote on as the sculptors were very different from each other. I found one section very moving and am going to put that in a separate post.



2 comments:
I clicked on each photo to enlarge it and that was really worth it as it gave me a much better view of each sculpture. Some of these are fantastic and I like the fact that they just seem to be placed in a forest. It must have been great to come upon each one as if by surprise. Thanks for showing these.
These are great photos of a very superior sculpture park. I have been to a few of these, but like the way this one has a lot of naturalistic scultures not just abstract blobs a la Barbara Hepworth. I like the figures, the way they feel part of the landscape and as Irene says you feel you have just come across them. I particularly like the cat on the armchair and the unicorn which gives the feeling of a magical forest with mythical beasts in it.
Looking forward to the next batch.
Post a Comment