music


public persona

birdsong radio


Powered by Birdsong Radio

Sunday, 14 December 2008

Urban Art 2 things challenge




Here are some I made earlier. Kaleidoscopes made from photographs from the window. I used pixelmator to make them and I like the funky effect of the kaleidoscope on the buildings. I think you have to click to see the urban details

9 comments:

John M. Mora said...

dee cup

Irene said...

That's so neat, Frances. The last one makes me dizzy looking at it when I enlarge it. You always do kaleidoscopes very well. I am glad something new showed up today. I hope you post something more often.

Paula said...

I LOVE these kaleidoscopes, can you tell me what software you're using?

lebanesa said...

Yep - it's Pixelmator. You can use it free but it puts a little watermark on your picture. I can't remember what it costs, but it is very cheap, I think. I'd advise trying it, as a lot of the stuff it does is included in other programs. I think Gimp might do these as well, but I can't remember. I will look the link up and put it on your blog in a moment.

lebanesa said...

Oh, sorry PJ - didn't realise you didn't have an open blog. You can get the software and details at Pixelmator.com. Hope you get this info. I think it is for Macs only, but check it out.
The Finely Tuned Woman also makes mean kaleidoscopes on her PC with software I can't use on my Mac, but I can't remember which software she uses. If you have a PC, pop over and visit her. She will let you know.

PJ said...

Thank you Frances. An open blog? Is this something I need to know about?

lebanesa said...

PJ - What I meant is that if I click on your name it just takes me to something that says Profile not Available and something about public profiles, so couldn't get into your blog from your name.
I just checked through 2 things and realise your blog is open - just when you comment that doesn't link to your profile or blog. I'm a bit slow sometimes! ;-)

Artists With Artitude said...

looks like yummy baklava! Haha :)

Bev said...

Brill these. But I said it at the time.