I love flowers and I would like to be able to photograph them so that they fill the eye in the way that happens in real life. The wow factor.
I am going to be posting more of the pictures I took one day in Cyprus - with my new camera, having foolishly left the manual at home in the UK. Some of them are not so good, as I only worked out about half way round how the closeup worked on this camera. At first I was using the zoom and trying to force it. Some of those are pretty too. the worst ones are those when I suddenly realised I could see the distance and choose what distance I wanted to take the picture at. Ridiculous how foolish I can be... slow to realise! Though I haven't yet found things as breathtaking as with my old traditional camera and tube, I think the pictures got better over the hour or two I was neglecting my hosts and shooting flowers. But I shan't post them in time order.
This was the picture where I realised I could get in close. Not successful, but the first try and I like the colour.
This is the second picture of a mantis and I think it is better. Don't hesitate to advise if you can see obvious ways I could improve my pictures. I am taking some of them to use as resources for painting and digital art, so sometimes they are concerned with textures and patterns rather than composition - if that makes any sense



3 comments:
FRANCES! I had no idea there were such lovely posts here. I guess I still have the carpet blog in my reader, not this one. (I'm rectifying that immediately.)
Wonderful lady, wonderful. I'm so happy to see your vision. And several of the photographs took my breath away. And you are so right that we need to click on them to get the full impact. Of this bunch my favorite is the one of the gazillion stamens. I was with you -- poking my nose right up in there. What plant is that, do you know?
That's great, Frances, I hope you post more like that. I imagined very vividly that I could smell the flowers and the fruit and the soil. I just remembered being in California and having our own orange trees. Do you get that? You see things and remember their smells? Not bad for a smoker.
Hey, at least you're doing things with your camera. Mine just sits there looking accusingly at me.
I have loved walking round this Cyprus garden with you. Such a vision of plentitude and abundance.
'Grapefruit relaxing' LOL
Post a Comment